CLIPPER DISTRIBUTING COMPANY, LLC
$50,000 CHURU VET FELINE FUND CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATION. VOID IN ARIZONA, COLORADO, MARYLAND, NEBRASKA, NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, UNITED STATES TERRITORIES AND POSSESSION, AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering Clipper Distributing Company, LLC’s $50,000 Churu Vet Feline Fund (“Contest”), you agree to be bound by these rules.
Eligibility. To enter, you must be a not for profit animal shelter located in the United States (other than Arizona, Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska, North Dakota, Vermont and United States territories and possession) or the District of Columbia in good standing and have an authorized agent who 18 years of age or older in the state the agent’s residence and the state where the animal shelter is located. Employees, officers, directors and shareholders of Clipper Distributing Company, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, or children) and households (whether related or not) are ineligible to enter.
Contest Dates. The Contest begins October 13, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. CT and ends December 18, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CT. The deadline to purchase the required Churu Vet products is November 30, 2020. (See How to Enter section for more information) The deadline for submission of entries is 11:59 p.m. CT, on December 18, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CT, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to extend the deadline for purchasing the required Churu Vet products and/or submission of entries for any reason. Any extension of the entry deadline will be posted on the Contest entry page at www.churuvet.com/feline-fund.
Prizes. Five (5) $10,000 prizes will be awarded. There is no substitution for, or transfer of prizes, except that the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value. Winning animal shelters are responsible for all taxes and any fees and costs associated with prize receipt and/or use. Checks will be mailed to the winners within thirty (30) days of announcement of the winners. Winners assume the risk of loss.
How to Enter. To participate, an eligible participant must:
1. Purchase one canister of Churu Vet Nourish and one canister of Churu Vet Diet from one of the following distributors:
a. Animal Health International
c. First Vet Supply
d. Midwest Vet Supply
e. Miller Vet Supply
f. MWI Animal Health
g. New England Animal Health
h. Patterson Vet Supply
i. Victor Medical
between the dates of October 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020;(unless such deadline is extended by Sponsor); and
2. Go to www.churuvet.com/feline-fund, click on the Apply Now button and either:
a. Submit the requested information in the online entry form, including but not limited to the participant’s name, address, telephone number, the name of the participant’s authorized agent’s telephone number and email address, proof of purchase, and an essay; or
b. Print an entry form and mail the completed entry form along with proof of product purchase and an essay to Clipper Distributing Company, LLC, Attn: Churu Vet Feline Fund, 1302 S 59th St, St Joseph, MO 64507. Mail-in entries must be received at Clipper Distributing by December 18, 2020.
Entries will be deemed made by the animal shelter identified in the entry. Limit one entry per participating animal shelter. Essays that do not follow the Official Rules or that are late, incomplete, illegible, lost, misdirected, or otherwise defective (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for technical or computer failures, errors, entry or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any website or online service, delivery delays or errors, incorrect address, loss or any other error or malfunction. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
Essay Content. The essay must detail how the participating animal shelter would use the $10,000 prize, if won, to improve its animal shelter facilities and/or operations. The essay must be between 350 and 500 words and be a wholly original work. All copyrighted materials must be properly cited/attributed. Use hyperlinks to attribute any quotations or copyrighted material used in your essay. Entries that fail to attribute materials used in the essay will be disqualified. Essays may not contain content that is profane, demeaning, defamatory, or that would constitute an invasion of privacy, as determined by the independent judges in their sole discretion. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, any submitted essay may be published in a publication of the Sponsor’s choice and may be used in marketing materials along with the entrant’s and Sponsor’s name.
Independent Judging. Sponsor will designate a panel of at least three independent judges who are not employed by or affiliated with its company to score all essays based on the criteria set forth below. Judges may be industry representatives, veterinarians, educators, community leaders, business persons, or any other individual deemed appropriate by sponsor. Prizes will be awarded to the eligible entrants who submit the top five scoring essays and comply with all provisions of the Contest rules. All decisions of the judges are final.
Essays will be scored using the following criteria:
Meaningful use of the prize money to implement improvements to participant’s animal shelter facilities and/or operations (50 points maximum)
Thoughtfulness and creativity (25 points maximum);
Clarity of expression (15 points maximum); and
Quality of writing (10 points maximum).
100 points is the highest score available. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by awarding the prize to the entrant scoring the highest in the most heavily weighted category, e.g. the “meaningful use” category. This process will continue in descending order through the four weighted categories until the tie is broken and the prize awarded. If a tie remains, the prize will be awarded to the entrant located in a district of the Sponsor where no prize has been awarded. If a tie remains, the prize will be awarded to the entrant with the smallest size animal shelter. Judging will begin on the day following the entry submission deadline.
Notification of Winners. After judging is complete, the highest-scoring entries will be notified by email within 24 hours of the decision being made. Winners will be announced publicly by January 31, 2021. If a winner cannot be contacted, does not respond, or the notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner will lose their right to receive one of the five prizes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event any winning entry is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner as determined by the judges. The winners must execute and return a contest affidavit and release within four (4) business days of notification or they will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. If potential winners cannot be contacted; fail to complete, sign and return any required release within the required time; or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winners will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
1. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
2. Participating in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s permission for Sponsor, its employees, advertising agencies, and other agents to photograph, film and record the winners, and to use the winner’s name, address (city and state), biographical information, essay and/or any statements made by the winner’s authorized representative regarding the Contest or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, where permitted by law.
3. By participating in the Contest, you:
a. Agree, where permitted by law, to grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, exhibit, promote, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit the items (including any essays or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party; Sponsor has the right to edit or revise your essay as it may see fit. If you publish your essay or any subsequent version of it in any media, you must acknowledge in that publication that the essay was first written or recorded as part of this Contest; and
b. Acknowledge that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
c. Represent and warrant that: you are a not for profit animal shelter in good standing and your authorized representative submitting your entry is 18 years of age or older and has the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Sponsor the license provided for herein;
d. You own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials your authorized representative submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
4. By participating and/or accepting a prize, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its promotional partner(s), and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the Released Parties”) and the Contest judges against all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Contest. Sponsor may also require eligible winners to sign a release confirming such consent.
5. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from this Contest if the entrant or any of its agents, representatives, or employees tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, or the operation of Sponsor’s website, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any technology used in the Contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
6. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize; or (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, or mailing issues, including but not limited to misrouting, delivery errors, inadequate postage, incorrect address, delays, or pandemics or any other issue. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Contest prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, pandemic, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s control.
7. To the extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, you understand and agree that:
a. All disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
b. If the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
c. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
d. Any claim or dispute regarding the Contest or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of Missouri, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, as they apply to agreements entered into and performed entirely within Missouri by Missouri residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions; and
e. You submit to the jurisdiction of the courts within Missouri and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of such courts.
Severability. If any part of these Rules is found to be invalid by a court or otherwise, the remaining provisions of these Rules will remain valid and enforceable.
Winners List. The list of winners will be available after winner confirmation is complete. The list may be obtained at www.churuvet.com/feline-fund.
SPONSOR: Clipper Distributing Company, LLC, 1302 S 59th St, St Joseph, MO 64507.